Monday, September 12, 2005

Not A Daily Thing


I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to post everyday. I was just too busy and tired to do so over the weekend. Soccer and the knitting workshop gave me very little time. Now DS#2 has to do his required reading so while I am listening to him read to himself I decided this would be a great time to write.

It's funny how as I was driving to work this morning, it was as if I didn't have the summer off. It's as if I was there just yesterday. Our classroom has become an oasis because with the school in total chaos, we can just do what we do, help the kids. We are all experienced and are able to get the kids to work right away. I just can't stand one teacher I work with. Wait, that's too strong. She should retire because she is an emotional cripple. For a woman in her 50's, she has absolutely no self-esteem. She is meek and yet I believe she is a bit passive-aggressive. I feel sorry for the kids who have her. She just doesn't stop talking to them. She feels the need to keep up a dialogue with them and doesn't allow them to have any quiet time to do their work. She tried to embarrass me a bit in front of the class but it didn't work. SIGH!

I was able to fit a little knitting in yesterday during the meeting at temple. We had congregants come in to talk for about 5 minutes about their feelings about a new rabbi since ours is retiring in June. I didn't knit when they were there; only when there was down time between speakers and believe me, there was a lot of down time. I had to open my 4th skein of Supermerino. The scarf has to be longer for me. I was thinking of putting some fringes, maybe ones that look like tassels in the corners of the scarf. I love the way it's coming out. I just have to buy a denim jacket for it because that's how I envision wearing it. What can I make next?

My mother informed me how knitting helped her while she waited for DF at the doctor's. He needed a special test to determine if he has a clot in his lung. He can take deep breaths but the oxygen is not reaching his blood. If there's no clot then he has to have the heart checked. She knitting for about 2 hours. Would I be allowed to write this on the knitlist? I don't think so. Now I title all my entries: Knitting Only. I want to make a snotty remark within the paragraph but I'm afraid they'll ban me. Like what would happen to me if they did? Would I be able to live without the list? Probably.

The story behind the picture? I liked the cow's rear because it was much bigger than mine.

No comments: