Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Thoughts

It's been a weird few days. I get these wonderful thoughts in my head and think that I am just brilliant only to realize that maybe I'm just normal. I was thinking about my birthday the other day. This is going to be a big one. Now, if we use the glass is half full analogy, is my glass half full? Or do I want it to be half empty? If it's half full then I don't feel that I have a lot of time left. If I think of my glass being half empty, I feel that I've got a lot of living to do. My mother told me that it's just a number, not a reflection of who I am. She reminded me that I have a young face and even though my hair is gray, I don't look my age. Moms are good for stuff like that.

Today was the end of Ben's basketball season. Elijah was unable to play because of his appendectomy but his team won. That means he has another game on Wednesday. I like basketball season because it's indoors; it's weatherproof! Could baseball and soccer be right around the corner? Brrr!

It's been a bit chilly but our crocuses are beginning to pop up. I don't think they're flowering yet but there are bright green, little stalks sticking out of the
ground. I don't know if I'm 100% ready for spring. There's something comforting about snuggling up in a warm blanket, sipping hot tea. Maybe I'm just said that the year is going by quickly. It will be six months since Dad has passed away. Hard to believe. I don't hear his voice as often as I use to. We have had Shadow for 5 weeks. We all feel that he's settling in just fine. Elijah has recovered so quickly from his surgery that we keep forgetting that it was just a week ago that he was discharged from the hospital.

My eyes are closing. I need to go to bed.

No comments: