Saturday, March 06, 2021

I Think I am Back!

It has been quite a long time since I posted anything on this blog. That may be a good thing. The last few years were full of anger that is just starting to dissipate or change into more of an emotion that makes me want to act for change. I have discovered Craftivism and am just learning what I can do with my crafty ways to make a change in this world. I have unfriended people on Facebook who have insulted what I consider guaranteed rights for all citizens. The last administration has scared the shit out of me and I am still afraid of the hatred that has been unleashed by the rhetoric spewed. January 6th was the worst. I hope you are all well. It will be the one year anniversary since this pandemic started. I still remember the very first days of lockdown, sitting at my dining room table doing jigsaw puzzles, reading, knitting, and trying to hold it together. It was very frightening and I had no idea how bad it would be. I kept thinking that it would be over in May, by my birthday. I can have a good chuckle about that now. I remember how stressed I was going to the supermarket and wearing a mask for the first time and gloves because the CDC wasn't sure how the virus was spread. (As I am writing this I feel as if I am writing a science fiction story.)I wouldn't let Neal go because his immune system was compromised by medication. Elijah was still at school and we were just hoping there would be a graduation in May. There wasn't. This was the one thing that made me sob. But here we are now. Three vaccines are being utilized. The asshole is out of office. The governor who was lauded for his daily pandemic conferences is now being investigated for nursing home deaths and sexual harrassment. Most of the people we know are fine right now. We still wear masks and sometimes two masks due to the variants. We know how the virus spreads so I don't wear gloves anymore. I actually don't go anywhere anymore except to get food. We won't go into a restaurant but we'll take in. We can't wait for the warmer weather so we can meet our friends outside. Human contact has become a more of an event than ever before. And I continue to knit. And to have gratitude of all I have to keep me safe and sound. Stay well.

2 comments:

Jayleen said...

Welcome back!

Nancy said...

(((HUGS))) I am constantly, awesomingly amazed at how much you and I think alike! I can so relate to everything you just said. For me too, it has been exactly one year and I feel as though I should be acknowledging it somehow. But, when I try to think about it, I still can not even wrap my head around it all.....