Friday, February 14, 2014

Mojo MIssing




I've lost my mojo. I don't want to use the words "burnt out" but my creative juices aren't flowing. I feel bad neglecting my blog. I feel bad about not enjoying my knitting right now but that be due to the project I am working on or just my mood. My mojo is waning. Maybe it's this winter. I am so sick of snow. We had another foot yesterday. Where the hell do I live? Definitely not in the mountains! We have colder temperatures and probably more snow than Sochi. I have lost 4 days of work due to the weather. I don't like to do that. I am actually feeling guilty about missing today. Not much I can do. The snow plows have undid all of the hard work I did yesterday. I walked over to my car today after shoveling the driveway AGAIN. When I saw the snow pushed up to my front bumper, I just said, "What the fuck!" I called in my absence.

So how do I get my creative juices running again? First, I have been spending a lot of time of Ravelry looking at patterns. That has been helped a lot. It even has me thinking of writing my own pattern for something and posting it. Then I started to think about all of the things I want to knit after I finish something I am obligated to knit. This includes my Samba Shawlette, socks for Ben, a slouchy hat for me, my mother's shawl and a new afghan. I'm not loving my present project which is a gift for someone so I can't write the details. When it is finished, I will post it on Ravelry.

Actually, writing about my mojo has been pretty helpful. Cathartic. I missed writing. Sorry for letting my followers down. See you all soon.



No comments: